Last week Greenhouse won the PRCA Ethical Champions Award for Best Small Consultancy. This sparked an interesting debate among the team about which other organisations we admire for their ethical stance on business.
We believe that being an ethical business means that you consider the impact your business has on people and planet. It means that you treat all employees fairly and you are working towards the goal of reducing your carbon footprint.
Our ethics and values are at the heart of everything we do at Greenhouse – from our mission, to the clients we work with, to how we look after our staff, and how we manage the business.
We are proud to be a B Corporation and support 1% profit for the planet. Being a B Corp means that we put purpose before profit, and we’re part of a truly ethical community that has pledged to use business as a force for good.
We want to celebrate the organisations we believe are true ethical champions, leading the way in using business to creating positive environmental and social change.
Our top 10 ethical organisations:
- Fairtrade, for providing farmers with decent working conditions and a fair deal.
- Rapanui Clothing, for redesigning the clothing industry to support ethical fashion.
- Divine Chocolate, for empowering cocoa farmers and supplying ethical chocolate.
- Triodos Bank, for using the power of finance to support projects that benefit people and the planet.
- Ecover, for starting the clean world revolution and pioneering recycled plastic packaging.
- Weleda, for committing to natural, Fairtrade and organic ingredients in all products.
- Café Direct, for improving farmer livelihoods whilst delivering sustainable coffee.
- Natracare, for providing sanitary products are that kind to the environment.
- Neals Yard Remedies, for being truly transparent with all their natural remedies.
- Pukka, for making Fair for Life, organic tea that contributes to a healthier planet.
To discover more about what being ethical means to Greenhouse and why we won, head over to our blog. We work exclusively with ethical organisations, developing communications campaigns that have a positive impact and add real value to the company. If you are an ethical business looking for PR support, we would love to hear from you.